Tuesday 27 October 2015

Chocolate Covered Marshmallows

The week before any school holiday I always find to be quite hectic and last week was definitely no exception. 
Meet the teachers, open classes, trip meetings, black history social evening, tracking day and more, so when my 6 year old reminded me that there was a PTA cake sale and I needed to make something I knew I needed a quick and easy recipe. 

A little while back I made chocolate marshmallows with little monster and I knew these would be the quickest and simplest thing to make.

I haven't included measurements as you will be able to judge how much you need based on how many you want to make.

You will need
Marshmallows
Cooking chocolate
Bamboo skewers(yes that really is it!)



What to do
Thread 3 or 4 marshmallows(depending on size) on each bamboo skewer until you have the desired amount



Melt the chocolate (you can either do this in a microwave but make sure you stop and stir it every 10 seconds or so or you can melt it in a bowl over simmering water)

Once the chocolate is melted, give it a good stir then start to coat all of the marshmallow skewers in the chocolate.



Lay on a sheet of baking paper until completely dry and hard. 
We had some sprinkles in the cupboard so added those before the chocolate dried.



That's all there is to it. 3 items and 3 steps and you have a sellout treat(these sold out at our cake sale in less than 3 minutes)

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment